What precautions is Harmony Farm Kennel undertaking during Covid 19?
What safety precautions are you or your staff of Harmony Farm Kennel doing to protect my dog and my dog's belongings while staying at your custom care kennel during covid 19?
These are precarious and uncertain times indeed. Since mid February 2020, we have been wisely instructed to 'stay home and stay safe' during this covid 19 pandemic. One silver lining is that your dogs have loved the extra attention, I am sure! Recently, thank goodness BC is being permitted to gradually open up and little by little, we all hope to enjoy some local travel away from being stuck at home and for social life to relax slightly. As you make your plans considering some extended times away with friends and family, I want to help you feel rest assured that kenneling your dogs at Harmony Farm Kennel will ensure you and your dog's safety and continued health.
For the near future and until further notice, several new protocols will be in place to keep everyone safe.
1) When you arrive at Harmony Farm at your pre-arranged time, please park in the middle of the parking area in front of the huge cedar doors. I or one kennel representative, will be at the entrance door to greet you and your pooch, at a safe distance.
2) There will only be myself or one HFKL person to greet you and I would ask that only one person get out of your vehicle to handle your dog's transfer. Please do not enter the barn or the kennel or pet any animals other than your own, at this time.
3) Please leave your dog's bed, food and belongings near the door and I will transfer into the kennel area.
4) I will have a disinfected leash at the entrance to put on your dog and tie your dog to the tie rail out front where they will transfered to their clean kennel.
5) I will provide your dog's drinking and food dishes and only use that same leash on them while they are here on their kennel vacation.
6) Prior to your dog's pick up I will launder and/or wipe down all your dog's belongings, food bag, toys etc as well as spray or wipe down your dog with pet friendly sanitizer.
7) When you arrive at your pre-arranged ETA your dog's belongings will be at the door for you to pick up
8) When you are ready to load your dog I will go and get them and your dogs will be taken to the tie rail for you to then put your own leash on and transfer to your vehicle.
9) Of course, as always, all kennels themselve, will be disinfected after each dog's stay, leaving kennel fresh and clean ready for the next guest's healthy enjoyment.
10) There will be hand sanitizer near the entrance door for you to use at any time.
Using these basic and simple thoughtful steps we can assure you that your dog will be safe, their belongings kept clean and you and your family will remain healthy until your next visit where we will do the same, until further notice.
If you have any requests or other suggestions please don't hesitate to ask! I will be happy to serve you and your dogs needs or desires any way I am able.
I am excited to see you all again soon!