What Do I Need To Bring With My Dog When Boarding At Your Kennel?
What supplies should I pack to bring with my dog for their kennel stay?
Many people feel guilty leaving their dog behind and purchase new food, beds, blankets and toys that neither taste or smell like their dog or their household! Please
bring their good old regular bedding and food that is familiar to them! Rest assured that this is not the time to change their diet, give them a new bed or try something new!
Your dog's kennel vacation bag should include:
* Your dog's regular bed, blankets, pillows and/or crate that they like best and that they are used to (smelley and hairy is just fine if that is their personal bedding). Please note that all change can be stressful for some dogs - even good stress is stress and some dogs will 're-design' their beds!;
* Supply of your dog's regular food and treats, plus a few extra meals in case your dog's pick up is delayed. If your dog requires supplements or has a complicated diet, please pre-package for individual meals to save time and any possible mis-understandings. No need to bring your dog's food or water bowls unless they prefer their own particular dishes as we use stainless steel that is dis-infected between each dog's use;
* Any medications or treatments required for your dog with written instructions and appropriate labeling;
* Any toys or play things your dog enjoys;
* Your Harmony Farm Registration/Information forms telling us about your dog with contact numbers etc;
* Most importantly, bring something that smells like YOU (not something that smells like them, they have that). Possessing a 'part of you' to hold near to them (or stash under their bed like a treasure)in their private kennel space, makes an amazing difference connecting your dog to home and providing added creature comforts, during their time away. Don't worry, no other dogs will be around your dog's things at any time and they will be returned!